Leslie begins the show with her ‘Ripped from the Headlines’ news segment.
Here are the stories that she gave her take on:
1. AXIOS: “House Democrats unveil new $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief proposal”
2. NEW YORK TIMES: “White House Told CDC: Come Up With More Evidence to Support School Reopenings”
3. THE ATLANTIC: “Ex-Trump aides say the president regularly mocks his evangelical supporters behind their backs”
She’s then joined by Moe Vela, who served in President Obama’s administration as the Director of Administration and Senior Advisor in the Office of Vice President Joe Biden. The stint was the second White House appointment for Mr. Vela, who served as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Advisor on Hispanic Affairs for Vice President Al Gore. Mr. Vela holds the distinction of being the first Hispanic American and gay American to serve twice in a senior executive role in the White House.
Leslie and Moe preview tonight’s presidential debate, the first between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. They analyze:
1. Whether Trump can avoid the sitting-president first-debate slump
2. Whether Biden comes across competently
3. Whether Trump and Biden can control their tempers and tone
4. How Trump tries to defend his record
5. How much of the debate should focus on the COVID-19 pandemic and Trump’s management of the crisis
You can follow Moe on Twitter, where his handle is @MoeVela.